Technology and Learning
EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY (EDTECH)
We are conscious of how rapidly technology is changing our world. It is vital our students are exposed to what is current to become adept at using the latest tools for learning. According to the IB, “Information and Communications Technologies provide opportunities for the transformation of teaching and learning and enable students to investigate, create, communicate, collaborate, organize and be responsible for their own learning and actions.”
We encourage the right use of technology by providing the necessary tools and support for all our students and staff through the following:
- We have a team of expert IT educators partnering with classroom teachers, planning and delivering technology enhanced learning.
- We maintain a suite of web based tools including Google Apps, library research databases, and learning tools such as Mathelectics.
- Our students in grade 1-12 are assigned a 1:1 device. Grades 1 and 2 make use of iPads. While grades 3-12 are assigned MacBook Pros.
- Our students in grades 6-12 have access to take these devices home to extend their learning.
- All our classrooms are equipment with digital projectors enabling the display of content supporting learning.
- TKS maintains a 1:1 computing environment where the skills of collaboration, communication, creativity and problem-solving are emphasized.